Leadership Role - Plant Finance Controller - Operations & Projects - Pharma (7-14 Yrs) iimjobs.com- 7 days ago
Plant Finance Controller Operations and Projects (Leadership Role)
Department : Finance & Control
Location : Chandigarh
Reports to : Director
- Be responsible for defining the financial policy, the direction and plan of the production site
- Steer and control the execution of this policy and plan and safeguard the realization of this plan by managing, monitoring and controlling the financial processes of the site within the BU strategy, the corporate and BU F&C policies and the corporate requirement and guidelines
- Contribute to develop and implement the site manufacturing strategy and plan, in co-operation with the site management team members;
- Lead, coordinate and control the annual budget planning process and ensure translation of the plans into controllable financial performance indicators for the site;
- Challenge and support the site management team in executing the financial decision making process; various improvement projects, capital projects and support on various initiatives at Site.
- Manage and optimize the management reporting process and initiate, develop and manage management steering information, focus on cost management, asset management and inventory management.
- Execute investment calculations and implement costing models as well as execute financial performance analysis (e.g. working capital analysis, product & process cost analysis)
- Support the site management team in contract negotiations with suppliers
- Participate in projects aimed at analyzing financial performance or at improving business performance, representing the financial area and safeguarding the financial input for these projects
- Work with the BU Controller on how to improve and strengthen the existing financial procedures and practices and to ensure that company Requirements are met
- Manage the interface to the business by participating in the related S&OP meetings and steering.
- Key areas of responsibility include supervision of the Plant (Site) Finance team and thus accountable for ensuring controls over production and purchase related activities
- Lead controlling activities at site and implementing necessary controls and built processes to achieve the objectives of timely and high quality operations and Budgetary controls
- Responsible for the implementation of reliable systems and procedures for capex controlling
- Challenge and Support the purchasing team to ensure minimum purchase cost and increased payables with right levels of controls and analysis.
Controller- Projects :
- Support Project Manager in setting up business models with partner particularly with regard to Financial, Legal and Fiscal requirements.
- Providing Decision support information and financial backups to management processes.
- Supports Project Manager to identify avenues so that business case profitability is achieved by identifying value drivers in supply chain and implement the actions to be taken.
- Leads the process of integrating partnership into our reporting and accounting systems, built up/improve on SAP/other ERP functionalities to incorporate such partnership models.
- Act as a Finance lead towards the partner in respect of tax, accounting and other finance related issues and coordinates with other stakeholders to solve the same.
- Supports Business Manager in pricing decisions for long term contracts and other complex transactions, built an effective cost control mechanisms, improvement projects, bench-marking, commercial decisions etc.
- Ensures that all operational controls are in place in respect of account reconciliations, inventory counts, money flow and coordinates with running business team for any issues in relation to the steriles business / other projects.
- Built an effective procedure in place for controlling and monitoring of key elements of costs etc.
- Responsible for measuring financial performance through PMS and assisting management to take pro-active steps for better financial and process performance
- To support the business and department to lower the cost and improve efficiency
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.